Happy Winter Solstice to all my fellow northern hemisphere neighbors and Happy Summer Solstice to all of you living south of the equator!
As I write this, I'm really quite shocked how fast the autumn season zipped by. It seems just like yesterday that I was making my list of goals and now it's time to report on them. As much as I love autumn, I, for one, am very glad that it flew by because, as many of you know, life's been somewhat of a rollercoaster for me since late summer. I can attest that midlife crises do exist and that they do not just happen to middle aged men. But, anyhow... That's a blog piece for another day.
Overall, I'm pleased with how I did. I met 3/5 goals and came very, very close to meeting a fourth one. I really have nothing to complain about in the grand scheme of things. Here's my progress report:
September 22 - December 20
- ✔ Do at least ONE thing that is new and adventurous - Completed. I ziplined in West Virginia on 10.18.2016. I've been zipining before, but never in my beloved home state. Completing this activity was also an act of redemption. Long story short - I had the opportunity to zipline this summer, but didn't because I didn't know how much I weighed and I was fearful that I might be over the weight limit. By October, however, I was safely under the weight limit. I had to do this to redeem myself.
- Lose at least 15 pounds more pounds for a combined total of at least 30 pounds by Dec. 20 - Close, but no cigar. Fail. As of this writing, I've lost 28.6 lbs. Although I didn't make my goal, I am thoroughly pleased with my progress. So, although this is *technically a fail, I don't view it as such.
- ✔ Complete my Goodreads 2016 Challenge by reading at least 52 books - Completed 11.10.2016.
- Do something creative (besides blogging) - Fail. I did nothing creative during the fall. Not sure why. I truly had the best of intentions, but I just never figured out what I wanted to do.
- ✔ Establish an exercise routine - Completed. Since September 28, I have faithfully walked at least 3 days a week for a minimum of 45 minutes per day.
Here are the goals I'm setting for this winter:
December 21 - March 19
- Lose at least 12 more pounds (shooting for a combined total of 40 by March 19)
- Continue walking a minimum of 3 days a week for at least 45 minutes per day.
- Do one adventurous activity. This may be especially interesting given that it's winter.
- Complete Erin's Book Challenge 6.0
- Do something touristy here in Louisville on my birthday (February).
Again, I'm keeping the list short and doable. I have really discovered that when life is upside down, like mine has been, that embracing simplicity is key and that less is really more.
What are your winter goals?
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Linking up with: