Sunday, December 11, 2016

Challenges, Challenges! (2016 Audiobook Finale)


My goal for 2016 was to achieve Marathoner Level (50+ audiobooks).  For more information about this challenge, click here.


Yesterday, I completed my 50th audiobook of the year, thus achieving my goal.  Here are the audiobooks I listened to in 2016:

By clicking on book title, you will be redirected to my monthly review post that includes that book.
  1. Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming
  2. Before He Finds Her by Michael Kardos
  3. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by
  4. Dust to Dust by Tami Hoag
  5. Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding
  6. This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper
  7. November 9 by Colleen Hoover
  8. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
  9. The Winter Garden by Kristen Hannah
  10. Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid
  11. Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes
  12. Six Days of the Condor by James Grady
  13. Dear Mr. You by Mary-Louise Parker
  14. Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut
  15. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  16. One Summer by David Baldacci
  17. Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
  18. Silver Bastard by Joanna Wylde
  19. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
  20. My Sister's Grave by Robert Dugoni
  21. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed
  22. Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin
  23. Never Never Part 1 by Colleen Hoover
  24. Never Never Part 2 by Colleen Hoover
  25. Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage by Jennifer Ashley
  26. I Must Say by Martin Short
  27. As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of the Princess Bride by Cary Ewes
  28. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
  29. The 9th Girl by Tami Hoag
  30. The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories by Marina Keegan
  31. Sick Puppy by Carl Hiaasen
  32. The Unidentified Redhead by Alice Clayton
  33. The Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter
  34. Home to Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani
  35. Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler
  36. Dancing with Myself by Billy Idol
  37. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
  38. The Edge of Lost by Kristina McMorris
  39. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
  40. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
  41. China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
  42. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
  43. On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
  44. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  45. My Bluegrass Baby by Molly Harper
  46. Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben
  47. The Watchman by Robert Crais
  48. Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks
  49. Tourist Season by Carl Hiaasen
  50. Under Locke by Mariana Zapata

My favorite audiobooks of 2016 are:  Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming, The Help by Katherine Stockett, As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, Dear Mr. You by Mary-Louise Parker, and Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes.

My least favorite audiobooks of 2016 are: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (despite being narrated by Elijah Wood) and Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut (despite being narrated by John Malkovich).  I liked both Wood's and Malkovich's voices, but I didn't care for either story and found them a chore to get through.

Thanks to the gals @ A Book Nympho and Hot Reads for hosting the challenge again this year.  I can only imagine the amount of work that must go into hosting a challenge.

As for 2017, I have decided not to participate in the challenge next year.  My life has changed a bit and I find myself not listening to as many audiobooks as I once did.  I love a good challenge, but think it's best to just sit this one out.  

Do you listen to audiobooks?  What was your favorite and least favorite audiobooks of 2016?

As always, thanks for stopping by!




7 comments:

  1. Saw the movie for 12.
    Read 14.
    Saw the movie for 28.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw movie for 12, too. I think I liked movie better.
      HATED 14.
      Saw movie for 28 as well; liked movie much better, too.

      Delete
  2. i've yet tried audio books but getting closer to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for completing the challenge! I'm still not an audio book listener, but I can see the advantages of them in some situations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, where I drive so much (450 miles a week) to work and back, audiobooks work well for me. It took a while to get used to, because I really do think you have to "train your ears" to listen and comprehend more fully. I also really like the ability to multitask - like listening to a book and doing dishes or some other mundane household chore.

      Delete
  4. I also participated in the 2016 Audiobook CHallenge and made it to the My Precious Level!!

    I have a lot of favorite audiobooks along with many disappointments and audiobooks that were the middle of the road. Interestingly enough, many of my favorite audiobook favorites tended to be nonfiction along with some fiction favorites too.

    The Assassination of the Archduke by Greg King & Sue Woolmans, My Life On The Road by Gloria Steinem, Stoned: Jewelry, Obsession, and How Desire Shapes the World by Aja Raden, I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai, & This Common Secret by Susan Wicklund were a few of my favorite non fiction audiobooks.

    For fiction I loved the following audiobooks:

    Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee, The Good Traitor by Ryan Quinn, Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim, The Dispatcher by John Scalzi, The Ghost and the Graveyard by Genevieve Jack, Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami, & The Obituary Society by Jessica L. Randall.

    Like you, I also enjoyed reading The Help by Katherine Stockett.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...