Thursday, June 1, 2017

Currently... (Vol. 17)


Enjoying...  not being Mrs. B, a speech therapist who wakes to an alarm at 5:30 a.m. Monday through Friday.

Embracing...  simply being Ericka, a deck sitting bum who wakes when it's daylight and eases into the morning.

Scaling back...  on my cardio.  Between April 17 and May 15, I walked 203 miles.  Yep, over 200 miles and didn't lose a single pound.  Not a single. freakin'. pound.  As it turns out, too much slow burn cardio can actually cause this.  Who knew?

Increasing...  my strength training.  I've been stuck in a weight loss plateau since early March.  It's time to switch things up a bit.

Planning...  a West Virginia road trip with my mom.  We want to visit some of the state parks of our home state that we've always heard about, but have not seen.

Spending...  time out on my freshly cleaned deck.


Preparing...  my book list for Erin's latest book challenge, which starts on July 1.

Savoring...  the opportunity to do things like walk in the park, shop for groceries, and go to the bank during the day when everyone else is at work.


Reading (well, listening to)...  the audiobook Somebody I Used to Know by David Bell.  Next up is Hillbilly Elegy by J. D. Vance.

Shopping...  for a kayak.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I am embarking on a new outdoor hobby.

Wondering...  what kind of bug this is:


Making...  a summer to-do list.  Believe it or not, but summer, for me, is not all fun and games.  I do have a house that requires deep cleaning and upkeep. LOL!

Listing...  things to sell on eBay.  Some of my now-too-big clothes have only been worn like once or twice; some still have the tags on them!  Might as well try to sell them and earn a little money.

Working...  on evening out my tan.  My legs are dark, but my feet are ghostly white (see above deck picture).

Having...  deep conversations with several friends about life and love and everything in between.


May in a Snapshot:

1) The bet that won me some $ at Thurby 2) My neighbor's lovely flowers 3) I painted my toenails - a rarity!
4) Kona Ice day at school 5) Room all packed up for summer 6) Artwork on the last day of school
7) Leaving on my last day of work 8) My stepdaughter's graduation 9) Enjoying my walks in the park


What have you been up to lately?

As always, thanks for stopping by!  Happy first day of June!


Linking up with:





2 comments:

  1. Yay for summer! Enjoy your time off! Erin's book challenge is so much fun. I'm excited to get started. I'm adding Somebody I Used to Know to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh i didn't realise erin's category thingys were out, i'll have to make my list! Somebody I Used to Know used to be on my TBR but it's not on there anymore, not sure why.. can't wait to hear your thghts. glad you're enjoying your time off, even if you still have to do not fun things as well. yay strength training! i love cardio but strength is definitely more beneficial for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...