Friday, April 26, 2019

My Happy List - What I Enjoyed in April (Vol. 7)


In keeping with my plan to periodically "check-in" and share some of the things that have brought me enjoyment, (ENJOY is my word of the year, after all), please allow me to share a sampling of the things that I enjoyed in April.

I enjoyed...

April 1...  drinking fruity drinks in the open air lobby of the Luxury Grand Bahia Principe in Runaway Bay, Jamaica with my best friend celebrating our 45th birthdays.  *This, unfortunately, was the only night I was able to enjoy fruity adult beverages while in Jamaica because the next morning I came down with some sort of gastro-intestinal sickness.


April 3...  snorkeling (and feeling well enough to snorkel) in Ocho Rios.



April 6...  watching the sun set on our last day in Jamaica.


April 13...  seeing how Spring had sprung in the two weeks since I had last visited my favorite park.  I loved seeing all the eastern redbuds in bloom.



April 20...  watching The Ten Commandments, my Easter weekend tradition.

April 21...  celebrating Easter with R's family and being able to spend much of the day outside enjoying the fabulous weather.

April 23...  the small Oreo Blizzard I treated myself to for no particular reason at all.  

April 24...  the long, overdue phone conversation with my "brother from another mother," B.  

April 25...  running into a former co-worker and good friend, D, at the KDF Race Expo/Packet Pick-up.  It was good to see her and catch up a little bit.


Have a wonderful weekend!

Linking up with:


6 comments:

  1. I love the best friend trip! What a great way to celebrate. Sorry you had a spot of distress on the trip but glad you were well enough to do some stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My best friend and I have been best friends since we were 14 years old. We take trips together on years when we have momental milestone birthdays and mid-decade birthdays. Yeah, the food poisoning/whatever knocked me out of commission one whole day and I didn't fully get over whatever I had until I got back. But, as long as I kept a strict diet of bread, soup, bananas, water, Gatorade, and Pepto, I was able to function and salvage most of the trip.

      Delete
  2. That's great that you have had such a long friendship and can get away together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She and I consider ourselves to be very lucky. Not many people can say that they have a friendship that spans over 3 decades.

      Delete
  3. yay fruity drinks! so sorry you got sick on vacation, that's the worst. what a wonderful way to celebrate your birthdays though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was pretty sucky... At least I was able to salvage most of the trip. C and I have been doing it since we turned 30. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...