Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: The First Ten Books I Reviewed As a Blogger


When I began blogging nearly four years ago (which absolutely blows my mind, by the way), my blog started out mainly as a book/reading blog.  Over the course of time, however, my writing has branched out and my posts have touched on numerous topics.  But, like I said, that's primarily what I blogged about in my early days as blogger, so much so that the first ten books I ever reviewed as a blogger were all within my first three months!  

I no longer do single entry book reviews like I used to; I now typically review all the books I've read or listened to the previous month during my monthly "Recently Read" post. 

Without further ado, here are the First 10 Books I Reviewed As a Blogger:

1. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (reviewed July 3, 2015).

2. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (reviewed July 8, 2015)

3. The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce (reviewed July 11, 2015)

4. The River is Dark by Joe Hart (reviewed July 17, 2015)

5. Grey by E. L. James (reviewed July 18, 2015)

6. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris (reviewed July 20, 2015)

7. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (reviewed July 28, 2015)

8. My Mother Was Nuts by Penny Marshall (reviewed August 4, 2015)

9. Sweet by Tammara Webber (reviewed August 13, 2015)

10. Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight (reviewed August 14, 2015)

*Clicking on the book title will take you to my review of that book.

Have you read any of these books?  What were your thoughts on them?  Thanks for stopping by!


Linking up with:

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 








18 comments:

  1. I don't tend to post a single book review on my blog either, as I did in the beginning. I post all my reviews at Goodreads so that I can keep them all in one place.

    It was certainly fun to look over these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I log all my books into Goodreads, but often I don't really write anything about it; I just assign a star rating to it and go on. LOL!

      I've enjoyed looking over other folks' lists as well. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Yours is the second blog post that mentioned Reconstructing Amelia. I actually own that one, and I need to read it!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a hard book to listen to in audiobook format because of the heavy use of emails, texts, and the like (media that is best read). It was a solid 3/5 and it passed the time just fine (as Steph from Life by Steph would say). Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I've read RECONSTRUCTING AMELIA, which I thought was okay. I'm pretty sure I read ME TALK PRETTY SOME DAY back in the day, but it's been a long time ... I started ALL THE LIGHT WE CANNOT SEE, which has lovely writing, but I abandoned it less than halfway through because I wasn't patient enough to wait for something to happen. LOL.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I've had similar experiences like the one you described having with All the Light We Cannot See. If I'm remembering correctly, it was kind of long-ish (not like Outlander long, but longer than a typical book). Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I really liked Me Talk Pretty One Day. It's cool that you reviewed it.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wondered if I would've liked it as much had I read it in traditional print format. Sedaris provided the narration to the audiobook version and I think that really added a lot to the experience. I still remember some parts of it very fondly. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I tried Before I Fall, but couldn't finish it sadly!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/04/23/top-ten-tuesday-208/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had books like that. I'm a firm believer in timing and that also applies to books. Sometimes the timing is just not right and sometimes the book isn't right for someone either. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. All the Light We Cannot See sounds like a very good read.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it. It was a bit on the longish side, but it was very beautifully written. If you like historical fiction, especially WWII, I'd highly recommend it.

      Delete
  7. Of those I have only read "All the light we cannot see" which I absolutely loved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was incredibly bored with All the Light but I know I'm in the minority. I haven't posted a single book review in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It doesn't feel like 2015 was that long ago! Where oh where does the time go? ANYWAYS, ooh, Before I Fall! I still think about that book from time to time. Something about it really stuck with me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, a couple of these are still on my TBR waiting to be read, lol. I really liked All the Light We Cannot See.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you believe that I still need to read a Backman? I don't know why I keep putting it off because they sound like I would love them. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...