Thursday, August 4, 2016

Currently... (Vol. 7)


Recovering...  from my Vegas trip last week.  I'm still suffering a little bit from a social hangover.  Vegas isn't necessarily the best town for introverts and it can be very overstimulating.  But, I had the best time and we rang in my friend's big 4-0 like champs!  I'll post more on Vegas in a week or so. 



Wrapping...  my head around the fact that my summer break is nearly over.  It's hard to believe school starts back next week.  It went by way too fast.  

Dreading...  the Back to School Bash at my school this evening.  I loathe it.  It's loud, it's hectic, and it completely overwhelms my senses.  It's an introvert's nightmare.

Hoping...  that things turn out at work like I need them to.  I apologize for being vague, but I'm a bit superstitious about talking about things that may or may not come to pass, especially this early in the school year.  Just keep your fingers crossed for me.

Listening...  to the audiobook China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan.

Looking...  forward to seeing my BFF later this month when we meet up to see a blast from our past, .38 Special.  Yes, our age is definitely showing...  LOL!

Coming...  to terms with my recent diagnosis of perimenopause.  Overall, aging hasn't really bothered me other than the going gray thing. But, I will admit, this has been a little jolt to my psyche. My mind is having a hard time reconciling the fact that I'm old enough for this to be happening.  On the plus side, at least now I know why I've been experiencing some of the kooky symptoms that I've been having lately.

Buying...  packs of Crayola markers at Walmart for .97¢.  Kids go through markers like crazy and a pack of markers any other time in the year is at least $3.00.  It's best to get 'em now while they're cheap!

Attempting... to get back on a sleep schedule so it's not so much of a shock to my system when  my alarm goes off at 5:45 a.m. next week. 

Loving... my new sneakers!  I'm not really crazy about the color, but they feel fabulous.  I totally understand why they are normally so expensive, for this model is apparently the Cadillac of the ASICS line.  I lucked up and found these, last year's model, for nearly 50% off.



Thinking...  of a category for Megan's next book challenge.  I finished her current book challenge last month.  The top five finishers get to select a category for the next challenge that will take place this winter.

Plugging...  away at Erin's 5.0 book challenge.  I've completed 7/10 categories so far.

Working...  through this reading block/slump that I've recently found myself in.  I truly figured I would've read or listened to more audiobooks while in Vegas.  As it turns out, I was very content to nap on the plane and to just chill and talk with my girls as we lounged by the pool.  

Prepping...  salads in jars.  I'm actually surprised by how long the lettuce will keep in a glass jar!

Singing... Uptown Funk and... 

Remembering... the guys from Thunder From Down Under dancing to it last week.  :)  This was H's surprise birthday present from K and I.  We kept it a secret from her from the time we bought the tickets in early May until we got her in line to go in the venue!  It was an epic Girls' Night Out and 40th Birthday celebration!



What have you been up to recently?  Anything fun or interesting?  Please feel free to share.  have a good one!


Linking up with:

14 comments:

  1. One of my best girlfriends and I went to Vegas to "celebrate" her divorce. We went to see...damn, now I can't remember what the revue was called...American Storm (yes, I googled it). Such a laugh!
    I will now have "Hold on Loosely" stuck in my head after reading about what concert you have in your near future.
    I can't believe your summer break is almost over either. It seems like I was just reading blog posts about the end of school days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The valet asked us on the night we arrived if we were there for a bachelorette party or celebrating a divorce! When we said "Celebrating H's 40th birthday," he then said, "Yeah, we get some birthday celebrations, too, but not as many as the first two reasons." LOL!

      Yep. The summer flew by. Flew.

      Hold on Loosely... You're welcome. :)

      Delete
  2. Well done on Megan's challenge! I'm really struggling with it this time. All my books are so looong!
    Yay for bargains!

    I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you that whatever work stuff you're hoping for comes to pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh a sleep schedule ... how I miss that ! These nights I catch my tail to fall asleep and to wake up. I don't know how I'm going to manage when Summer is over. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the sleep schedule is always a noble attempt on my part. Do I succeed? 50/50 At least I try, right?

      Delete
  4. Fingers crossed for good work outcomes!

    Sweet new sneakers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh thunder down under hahahaha i would love to go see that. maybe i can convince my mum and our friend. i totally know what you mean though, i love going to places like vegas or whatever, but i need a serious relaxing staying away from people stage for ages after. like i am still a bit drained from the cruise, being around people allllllllll the time.
    fingers crossed for work! hope it all goes well. love your new shoes. i always get a bit .. not shocked, but like 'oh' every time i buy colourful sneakers but you get used to them eventually, and since the colourful ones are normally the most discounted, it's worth it lol.
    i don't think i have crossed one single book off either challenge list. oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen, I would HIGHLY recommend going to Thunder From Down Under. They don't go full nude and it's more like burlesque than stripping. There was a 74 year old woman in the audience and they brought her up on stage for one of the routines. The crowd included women of all ages, shapes, and sizes. We screamed, we laughed, we howled... It was a great time.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  6. So fun! We are actually headed to Vegas next week! Anything I can't miss?! Way to go on the challenges, I am doing both... and have read maybe 3 books. Whomp whomp. July was not a great month for reading. I feel you on the introvert thing. I am needing some time to myself and just with the hubby as well. XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a wonderful time! Remember to wear and reapply sunscreen and drinks lots of water! It's hot this time of year and the cement and asphalt absorbs the heat and it radiates up from the streets and sidewalks long after the sun goes down. Vegas attractions are so wide and varied, I'm not sure if there is one particular must do activity. Here are some of my suggestions: See a show (there are dozens to chose from and there is a discount place much like TKTS in NYC where you can get discount "day of" tickets to things), 2) go watch the water fountain show outside the Bellagio, and 3) stroll inside of the Venetian. Something I wanted to do, but we ran out of time, was ride the giant ferris wheel (High Roller) that is near the LINQ.

      Delete
  7. I love Vegas every time I visit, but I always feel like I need to go into detox on every level when I get back! I still think that it's so awesome that you were able to finish the SCSBC so quickly! I can't wait to see what you pick for your category!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be quite overwhelming, can't it? LOL! Thank you! I was on a roll with the SCSBC16. I've stalled on Erin's 5.0 I've hit a wall that I'm struggling to break through. Have a good one!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...