Friday, August 19, 2016

Friday Five (Vol. 3)




1) Seeing the contemporary jazz trumpeter, Chris Botti, perform on Sunday.



2) The behind the scenes story of the Singaporean swimmer, Joseph Schooling, who beat Michael Phelps in the 100 meter butterfly.  It was a poignant moment since Schooling was a fan of Phelps when he was a boy.


3) I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing older Olympics participate in the Olympics.  

Kerri Walsh Jennings, who is playing in her 5th olympics at the age of 38. Via
Oksana Chusovitina, the 41 year old gymnast from Uzbekistan.  Rio was her seventh olympics games. Via
Anthony Ervin, who won two gold medals at the age of 35.  Via


4) This article about female weightlifter Sarah Robles, who is debunking the stereotype of what female athletes should look like.

Via

5) This tweet featuring my favorite bloke from Thunder from Down Under.


6) Bonus - Audible is currently having a 2 for 1 sale (on selected titles) that runs through August 22.


Have a wonderful weekend!  As always, thanks for stopping by!


Linking up with:




10 comments:

  1. I have been having a blast watching the Olympics -- all of the athletes are so incredibly talented! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the older athletes too, and I hadn't seen Sarah Robles but now I LOVE her too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been several more older athletes that have done well. I think there was a woman from Spain who is 38 and won a gold medal in a track and field event. These athletes have really made me proud!

      Delete
  3. Went straight to Audible!

    Didn't see anything I really wanted though, so I'll just want for my new credits to roll out next month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's the thing with many of Audible's sales. I have, however, lucked up and discovered some new to me authors this way. Have a good one!

      Delete
  4. I too am also enjoying the older limping competing at the Olympics this summer. It's been a great games hasn't it?

    Cheers to a great weekend Ericka :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really enjoyed it this year! Thank you! Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...