Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Top 10 Tuesday: My 10 Most Read Authors

Inspired by a post written by Megan @ Semi-Charmed Kind of Life and made possible by Goodreads (where I keep track of all the books I have read), here are the 10 authors that I have read the most books from:


If you are from Appalachia or appreciate mountain/rural culture, then I would strongly recommend this series by Adriana Trigiani (who also narrates the audiobooks with her authentic mountain accent) that is set in Big Stone Gap, VA.  All of the books are incredibly light and easy reads.


Yep, I read them all.  I admit it.  I'll even go further and confess that I read the original three books twice - once on my Kindle and the second time via audiobook.  These books were like crack.

My favorite book of the Twilight series:  Twilight.  
My least favorite of the series: Eclipse (I'm not sure why.)

Never in a million years would I have ever thought that I would read, let alone enjoy, a contemporary romance series that centers around a motorcycle club, but I have.  NOTE: These books are not for the faint of heart, however.  The language is sometimes graphic and raw.

I still have to read the last book in the series, Allegiant.  For some reason, it took me a while to get into this dystopian series.  I started, stopped, and restarted Divergent three times before finally finishing it.  Despite having enjoyed the first two books and the 4 novellas that are told from Four's point of view, I haven't been eager to completely devour this series as I was with previous series such as The Hunger Games and Twilight.

I have truly enjoyed this series because the main character, Shane Scully, has evolved with time.  The character isn't stuck in a time warp where he never ages or progresses.  Cannell's police/crime/mystery plots are also unique and interesting. 

If you don't mind some gory details here and there, then Lisa Gardner may be an author you should check out.

My favorite John Grisham book: The Firm (I have read it three times since 1993) Skipping Christmas comes in second.
My least favorite John Grisham book: The King of Torts 

Robert Crais' Elvis Cole/Joe Pike series is probably my favorite series.  I enjoy the diverse cases that Elvis and Joe work on as well as the evolution of their characters.  I really, really like Joe Pike.  He made minimal appearance in the earlier books, but begins to share the central character role spotlight in the 8th book, L. A. Requiem.  *Note: The novel, Suspect, which is pictured above, is not part of the Cole/Pike series and is a stand alone novel.

And the winner, by a LANDSLIDE...
It's hard to pick a favorite given the fact that all of these books essentially have the same characters in them.  After having read so many, individual book story lines seem to blur together, so I don't readily remember what exactly happened in each one. I will say, however, that I enjoyed the earlier books more than the latter. The material was fresher.  As of late, the characters and the stories just seem...stale.  My biggest complaint with the series is that I wish the main character, Stephanie Plum, would evolve.  She is stuck in a serious time warp where nothing ever changes except the technology she carries (pager to cell phone) and the vehicle she drives.

Which authors have you the most the most?  Feel free to comment below.  Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...