Saturday, September 12, 2015

2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge

I am linking up with Samantha Lin so I can participate in the 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge, which has been running since January, but which I just stumbled upon earlier this morning.  I am currently in between challenges at the moment and I kind of miss it.  Participating in challenges, I have discovered, helps me diversify my reading and steers me to read some books that I might not otherwise read.

The RULES look fairly simple:
  • The challenge runs from 1 January to 31 December 2015.
  • Read a book written by authors with last names from A to Z and try to collect every letter of the alphabet. Only last names count, so William Shakespeare would fall under S, not W.
  • Speaking of Shakespeare, the books you read may fall under any form/genre: prose, poetry, drama; fiction, non-fiction, academic monographs…
  • Your books don’t have to be “physical” either - ebooks and audiobooks are more than welcome!
  • Crossovers with other challenges and re-reads are also more than welcome!
  • You do not need to have a blog or review the books in order to participate - having a list somewhere (such as GoodReads) is fine.
  • Sign-ups are open till 30 November 2015.
  • Come December 2015, I’ll be making a post for you to submit your completed challenges. If you manage to finish by 31 Dec 2015, then you’ll be in the running for a booktastic prize draw!
  • Update (2 June 2015): Since X has been causing a bit of strife, any author with X in their last name (not necessarily as the first letter) qualifies for the challenge. Hope that’ll make things a little more manageable! 
Given that the challenge was designed to run the entire calendar year, I am using any book that I have read in 2015.  Here is my list as of today (September 12, 2015):

A
B - A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (review)
C - Sunset Express by Robert Crais
D - All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doer (review)
E - The Good Thief’s Guide to Amsterdam by Chris Ewan
F
G - Looking for Alaska by John Green
H - Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover (review)
I
J - The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce (review)
K - YOU by Caroline Kepnes (review)
L
M - My Mother Was Nuts by Penny Marshall (review)
N
O - Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (review)
P - Galveston by Nic Pizzolatto
Q
R - Landline by Rainbow Rowell (mini review)
S - Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris (review)
T - The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
U
V
W - Sweet by Tammara Webber (review)
X
Y
Z

Are you participating in this challenge, too?  How's your progress?  Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...