April 30 (Saturday) was the last day of the Book Challenge by Erin 4.0. I'm happy to announce that I finished my 10th and final Bonus Round book Saturday at 10:06pm, with 1 hour and 54 minutes to spare!
Whew! Let me tell ya, I started the last week of the challenge needing to finish the book I had already been listening to for a week and a half (Me Before You) and needing to finish my last book (My Sister's Grave). I was listening at a break neck pace and, to be honest, I didn't know if I'd make it, but I did!
Throughout the challenge, I accumulated a total of 480 points (out of a possible 500):
- 200 - First round points (Finished Feb. 21; tied 6th place finisher)
- 250 - Bonus round points
- 30 - Bonus points to date (for using books in bonus round that have been previously used by other participants as denoted with * below)
BONUS ROUND 250/250 points!
- 10 pts. Any book that is at least 200 pages long - Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes Read February 24-29
- 15 pts.* A book that starts with D - Dear Mr. You by Mary-Louise Parker Read March 5-9
- 15 pts.* A book with a 4 word title - Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid Read February 21-23
- 20 pts. A book with “mother,” “father,” “daughter,” “son”, or “child" in title (plurals are allowed) - My Sister's Grave by Robert Dugong Read April 26-30
- 25 pts.* A currently ranked “most popular author” on Amazon that is NEW TO ME - Me Before You by Jojo Moyes* Read April 14-26
- 25 pts. A book set in any country in Asia - Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan Read March 28-April 9
- 30 pts.* A book with a season in the title - One Summer by David Baldacci Read March 21-25
- 35 pts.* A funny book from the Buzzfeed list - Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut March 10-12
- 35 pts.* A book that is a favorite of a friend or family member - The Help by Kathryn Stockett (favorite of my mom's) Read March 12-19
- 40 pts. A book published in the year I was born - Six Days of the Condor by James Grady Read March 1-4
I will share my thoughts/reviews on the books I read during the month of April on Tuesday May 10 in my monthly installment of Recently Read.
For reviews on the books I read earlier in the challenge, check out my previous installments of Recently Read:
Did you participate in Erin's challenge? If so, how did you do? As always, thanks for stopping by!