Friday, April 28, 2017

X is for Malcolm X & X-Men (2017 Blogging A to Z)

Welcome to my '92 Time Capsule, where I unearth artifacts and memories from a quarter century ago in alphabetical order everyday (excluding Sundays, with the exception of the 30th) during the month of April. 

Today's letter is X.  Let me go on record and say that, for me, X was the most difficult of all the letters in this challenge.  In order to have more than one topic, I had to do some creative research.  Here we go...  

Malcolm X, an American epic biographical drama film about the life of African-American activist, Malcolm X, was released in November 1992.  The film was written and directed by Spike Lee.  


The film starred Denzel Washington in the title role.  Denzel Washington received an Oscar nomination for Best Actor.  In 2010, Malcolm X was selected for preservation in the United States Film Registry in the Library of Congress for it's significance and merit.


~~~

X-Men, also known as X-Men: The Animated Series, is an animated television series that debuted in 1992 on the Fox Network.  It was part of the Fox Kids Saturday morning lineup. The series ran from 1992 until 1997.




On a personal note, I haven't seen Malcolm X nor have I ever seen a single episode of X-Men: The Animated Series or any of the ten X-Men movies or spinoffs that have been released since 2000.

What about you?  Have you seen any of these?

As always, thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

  1. I've seen Malcolm X, of course I'm old enough to remember when he made the news on a regular basis. I've seen more than half of the X-men movies, a few of the cartoon episodes since my grandson is into them and they are on Netflix. In my younger days, I read X-men comic books. Great word choice for a tough letter. Find me here. LINK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw Malcolm X. But, I love the X-Men franchise and have seen all of the movie. They've had varying levels of quality. The recent installment Logan (with Wolverine) was great. WeekendsInMaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had to read the book Malcolm X for school so that's pretty much that only way I know about it. saw the movie years ago but can't seem to remember anything about.

    I didn't see the animated x-men series but I have seen some of the movies and they're not so bad, it's the prequels and the sequels that aren't that great.

    have a lovely day.

    ~ my X post -questions for you ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a few of the recent X-Men movies, but never watched the animated series. I remember Malcolm X coming out and people talking about it, but I don't think I watched it. Mom didn't let us watch R rated films when I was in high school. I had to get creative with the letter X too. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen some of the Xman movies, but not all 10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't watch Malcolm x but I have seen all x-men movies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...