Monday, April 17, 2017

N is for Nuptials, Northern Exposure, & November Rain (2017 Blogging A to Z)

Welcome to my '92 Time Capsule!  As of today, we are officially beyond the halfway point in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge! I hope you have enjoyed this little trip down memory lane as much as I have!

Today's letter is N, so, as my blogger acquaintance, Elliptical Man, whom I call E Man, would say - let's get to it.

There were many celebrity nuptials held in 1992.  Here's a small sampling:

Nirvana's frontman, Kurt Cobain, wed singer Courtney Love in February.


Rockstar David Bowie and supermodel Iman were wed in April.


Singers Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown tied the knot in July.


Future 44th President of the United States, Barrack Obama, married Michelle Robinson in October.


~~~

In 1992, Northern Exposure, a comedy-drama about a newly practicing doctor from New York City being sent to small town Cicely, Alaska to practice in return for his paid education, won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series.  Northern Exposure ran on CBS from 1990 to 1995.



~~~

"November Rain," a power ballad by American hard rock band, Guns N Roses, was released in February 1992.  The song features an extensive orchestral backing and is 8 minutes and 57 seconds long.  "November Rain" peaked at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, thus becoming the longest song to ever reach the top ten.  The song came in at 17 on the Billboard Year-End Hot 100 chart.

The accompanying music video cost approximately $1.5 million and at the time of its release was considered the most expensive music video ever made.  As of this writing, the video has been viewed on YouTube a whopping 774,783,107 times!  




Supposedly, "November Rain" is the most viewed music video not made in the 21st century.  Unfortunately, the video is prohibited from being replayed on certain sites, such as Blogger, so if you would like to view the music video, click here to be redirected to YouTube.

On a personal note, I LOVE November Rain.  I have always thought that it is one of the prettiest songs I've ever heard.  It is an absolute certainty that I will sing this song at least once during the month of November...  when it rains.

What are your thoughts on November Rain?  Were you a fan of Northern Exposure?

As always, thanks for stopping by!  Happy Monday.




9 comments:

  1. Wow..was 1992 that long ago? Yeesh!

    I haven't watched much of Northern Exposure, but I did enjoy what I've seen.

    For me, '92 was the year of Aladdin. One of my favorite stories brought to life on the big screen. I went to watch it with my older brother and was amazed by the magic of it all, tickled pink by the Genie and Iago, and as a lover of villains, quite pleased with Jafar and his villainous machinations. Ah, nostalgia...

    Today's unusually strange tale is: Nemesis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! A quarter of a freakin' century! How in the world is that possible? If you like Aladdin, be sure to check out my post from April 1. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I actually saw Northern Exposure & there is something surreal about it, like you're in some other world when you're watching the show

    have a lovely day.

    ~ my N post - New York City in the Rain ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting way to describe it. Having never seen a single episode, I can't relate. You definitely have me intrigued though.

      Delete
  3. Stephanie Seymour, who was Axel's gf at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember that... I always thought it was an odd pairing. Go figure.

      Delete
  4. I never watched Northern Exposure.

    I love November Rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. November Rain is epic. I've never seen a single episode of it either. Kinda funny that the two big Emmy shows that year, I've never seen.

      Delete
  5. I know you won't be surprised, but I love November Rain. In fact, just last week, a station here was counting down the 1000 greatest songs of all time. My guy and I started talking about our thoughts on the greatest of the greats. He said November Rain because it encompasses so many different genres in one epic rock song. I couldn't disagree.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...